The FAQ below is just for MeoowzResQ fosters. If there’s a question/answer that you or your fellow fosters might find helpful, let us know and we’ll add it in.
Give our office a call at 714-997-0868 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The office team will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
To become a foster for MeoowzResQ, give our office a call at 714-997-0868 or visit our Foster page. The office team will explain your responsibilities and answer any questions you might have.
Tori is a fellow foster that has been fostering with MeoowzResQ for over 5 years. In that time she has had a hand in helping over 1,400 kitties get placed in new & loving homes. Tori shares, “Here are some helpful hints that I have figured out along the way – to make sure that my foster kitties are with me a shorter time – so that I can help more kitties get adopted.”
1. Take your kitty’s picture! Always try to get several pictures that are clear and in focus. The more you have, the more you have to choose from! Try to get a photo of each of the following layouts:
2. Send these pictures and a bio to our Advertising Team.
3. Take your kitties to events! Every weekend if possible. We have events every Saturday & Sunday – and many other “Special Events” during the year.
4. Leave a short bio of your kitty at the event – it helps the Event Team as they don’t know your kitty themselves. If someone is looking for a quiet, playful, talkative kitty… and you have left a bio that says yours is quiet, playful, & talkative – the Team knows exactly which kitty to direct the adopter to. When you submit your kitty’s bio via the Submit Kitty Ad form, you’ll receive an email with a cage card that you can print and cut out. It’s THAT easy!!
5. If asked to leave your kitty at one of the PetCo’s/PetSmart’s – DO IT! This increases your kitty’s chance of being adopted BY MORE THAN TEN TIMES!
6. Make sure your co-workers & friends know that you foster kitties. Dani Ryan started our rescue by emailing her co-workers – and placing kitties that way.
7. Share your kitties on your own social media! Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter – whatever you use. Join Facebook groups such a Pet Place. If you post a short bio of the kitties you are taking to events and which event they will be at, they have a greater chance of getting adopted.
8. December, January, February, & March. This is the perfect time for getting adult cats, and “teenage kittens” their forever homes — Before kitten season starts. Talk with your Event Team as most like to have at least one adult kitty at their event. There are people out there that are looking specifically for an adult cat. Each event is different and has different amounts of available cage space so your Event Team is your go-to people.
9. Consider going to different events if your foster kitty is not getting adopted after several weeks at the same event. There are 3 events in Riverside County held each weekend and in Orange County there are even more options! Isn’t it worth a 15 or 30 minute drive to find your foster kitty the purr-fect home?
10. Network with your fellow Fosters – In some areas, several fosters “take turns” carpooling the kitties to events. It works!
Thank you all for all you do for the kitties! Using these helpful hints, think how many more kitties we may be able to help.
Kittens need to weigh at least 2 pounds in order to be spayed or neutered. They usually reach that weight around 2 months to 2 1/2 months old.
The following may be a little long, but if your are a new foster, it is well worth reading.
Every Event Coordinator does things a little different. The above is a general guideline. We are all volunteers so please be respectful of each other and if you have a question, just ask. We all remember our first litters and we are more than happy to answer any question you might have.
If you are fostering kitties for MeoowzResQ, then we can post photos and a bio of your kitties on various social media locations. The FAQ below will answer your questions about advertising your kitty on the MeoowzResQ website, Facebook, Adopt-A-Pet, Petfinder, and Craigslist.
It’s simple, successful adoptions have two things in common: Effective advertising and a foster who is responsive and/or very diligent about bringing kitties to adoption events. Having a great ad posted for your kitty is the most effective way to get them adopted quickly! It may take a little time and effort, but in the end, it is well worth it!
A great ad will have the following:
We are all volunteers. Let’s make it easy to help each other place kitties in great homes!
If you are a foster for MeoowzResQ and you’d like to have an advertisement for your foster kitty posted on the MeoowzResQ website, Facebook, Adopt-A-Pet, Petfinder and Craigslist, CLICK HERE and fill out the form. The Ad Team will create an ad as soon as possible.
ONLY 1 KITTY PER FORM.
If you’d like to have an advertisement for your foster kitty removed from the MeoowzResQ website, Facebook, Adopt-A-Pet, Petfinder and Craigslist, CLICK HERE and fill out the form. The Ad Team will remove the ad(s) as soon as possible.
UP TO 4 KITTIES PER FORM.
When your kitten gets adopted, a wonderful way to celebrate is by taking a photo of the kitten with its new family. We like to call this it’s “Freedom Photo” or “Furever Family Foto”. We can post this photo on the website as well as on our Facebook page. Show the world that your kitten got its 2nd chance!! Email it to email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the media team.